Michael Labos, CFP®, CCFS®
Hi I’m Michael Labos, CFP®,CCFS® and I’m the Principal at Gen X Wealth Partners. As a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) and CERTIFIED COLLEGE FUNDING SPECIALIST (CCFS®) with more than 15 years of experience in the finance service industry, I want to help you and your family reach your financial goals. From ensuring you have enough money to retire comfortably to planning and paying for your child’s college to managing the responsibilities that come with caring for aging parents, I can create a personalized plan specifically designed to fit your lifestyle, so none of your obligations get left behind.
I founded Gen X Wealth Partners because Gen X investors have different needs and expectations than other generations. We not only have a lot of financial responsibilities on our plates, but we also wish for our money to have a voice. And that’s one of the things that sets our firm apart. We believe that successful investing is more than just focusing on risks and returns. Knowing that your hard-earned money is being invested in companies that you believe in and that share your values is not only incredibly empowering and satisfying, but it also makes it easier for you to stay engaged with your plan and this is crucial for staying on target.
I currently live, work, and play in beautiful Cranberry Township, PA, where I also sit on the finance committee of Vincentian Collaborative Systems.
Want to get to know me a little better? Here are my “top ten” facts about me:
- I don’t like using the word “hate,” except when it comes to bugs. I can’t stand them!
- When I heard the solo on “Heartbreaker” by Led Zeppelin at 15 years old, it inspired me to learn how to play guitar, and I haven’t stopped playing since.
- My dream retirement is to live abroad in three European cities before coming back to the United States to age gracefully.
- Zinfandel is my favorite kind of wine.
- Despite living in western PA, I don’t like winter. One year I tried to embrace it and let’s just say it didn’t go well.
- The cold war fascinates me.
- My favorite film genre is spy espionage. I particularly like the 2015 film, “Bridge of Spies,” starring Tom Hanks.
- Bucatini is my favorite pasta.
- I like to run because it’s hard and it gives me time to think.
- My favorite sport is baseball. Partly because there is no clock and let’s be honest, nothing beats a trip to the ballpark.
Darci Faiello, Client Coordinator
Hi, I’m Darci Faiello and I am the Client Coordinator at Gen X Wealth Partners. With more than 20 years of experience in customer service and business operations, I can help you navigate the financial planning process with less stress and greater ease. It is my goal to provide every client with a dynamic experience.
Whether you’re a new or established client, or someone who is interested in learning more about investing, I can provide you with all the information you need to make the most informed decisions for your unique situation. I am also the point of contact for our established clients, so when you become a Gen X Wealth Partners client, you can expect me to frequently touch base with you to make sure you are satisfied with your overall experience and to find out if there is anything else we can do to help you reach your goals.
I currently live in Ross Township with my husband, son, two cats, and a dog. I am also extremely proud to be a member of the Board of Directors for Ross/West View Emergency Medical Services.
Want to get to know me a little better? Here are a few little-known facts about me:
- I prefer driving a car with a manual transmission over an automatic.
- I’m a Disney fanatic! So, when I’m not helping our clients, I can usually be found dreaming, planning, or recovering from a Disney trip.
- My husband proposed to me at a haunted house – while holding a running chainsaw in his hands. How could I say no?
- My dream vacation is to see the Northern Lights.
- I will not swim in water where I cannot see my feet. Who knows what’s lurking under there?
- I am living with a rare form of leukemia but have responded well to treatment and am considered stable.
- I love alternative music from the late 80s and early 90s, but my all-time favorite band is Depeche Mode.
- My favorite food is shrimp.
We know that planning for your family’s future can be a little intimidating, but if you can’t already tell, we’re not your parents’ financial advisory firm. Instead of having stuffy, overcomplicated conversations with our clients, we prefer having casual chats.
Darci and I are committed to making the process as comfortable, simple, and easy to follow as possible, so you can actually enjoy it.
So, why don’t we have a chat? Give us a call today, so you can see what we’re all about.